Several people are feared trapped in rubble following the collapse of a building in Ruai on Saturday.
It is not clear why the building caved in but heavy rains have been wreaking havoc in Nairobi and other parts of the country.
Via Twitter, Red Cross said one person was rescued and taken to Mama Lucy Hospital.
The society and NCC fire brigade went to the scene to help.
Read: Don’t celebrate, heavy rains will not last – Met
Also read: Zero chance of storm from Indian Ocean on Sunday – weatherman
Click here for the latest political news
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.